How to rent a self storage unit in the UK
Nowadays there are plenty of storage options to keep your stuff organised and secure. Gone are the days when you have to store all of your stuff in the loft. Renting a self storage unit is becoming an increasingly popular way of getting your own secure storage space. Self storage is ideal for individuals who are looking for an affordable storage option, whether temporarily or for the long term. Most storage facilities today have a self-storage option, which is leased monthly. Are you wondering how to rent a self storage unit in the UK? Renting a self storage unit should be pretty straightforward, do it right to prevent any issues down the road. Here are the steps to take if you are wondering how to rent a self storage unit in the UK.
Simple steps on how to rent a self storage unit
- Select the right facility: Most self storage providers work the same way, but every facility has different standards and features. Therefore, it’s crucial to do your research and determine which features you need. Location is one of the most important things to consider and how easy the facility is to get to.
- Determine the size of unit: One of the biggest mistakes customers make is choosing the wrong storage unit size. Renting something too large will cause unnecessary cost. Look at storage unit size guides and ask a member of staff for guidance.
- Rent online or in-person: Thanks to the internet, you can arrange to set up a storage unit rental online. Bookings made this way are great if you already know the process or have had self storage in the past. However, some people think it’s still an important decision to make in person.
- Insurance cover: Most storage facilities will require some form of goods cover insurance to be in place. Usually, the storage company will offer to provide this for you and charges it with the rental. Customers also have the option of providing this themselves by arranging with a suitable provider of their choice.
- Make the initial payment: Upon signing a rental agreement, you normally need to pay for the first monthly rental period in advance, you will then be charged every month thereafter.
- Sign your rental agreement: Your rental agreement will include all of the terms and conditions that will set the tone for what you should expect. Make sure to review everything before you sign. Ask for a copy if you require one.
- Move-in: Now it’s time to bring your stuff in. Happy storage!